$50,000 annual salary
Exempt manager position
Summary: Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information. This position provides leadership, direction and communication for the accounting department.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with Director of Accounting to ensure all accounting transactions are properly recorded in the general ledger. *
- Ensure Credit Card bank accounts are reconciled monthly. Investigate and resolve any reconciling items timely. *
- Reconcile material balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis. Including but not limited to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventories, Accruals, Fixed Assets and prepaid accounts. *
- Manage, oversee and develop Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable/Billing team members. Includes setting attainable and measurable goals with each direct report. *
- Manage accounts receivable aging and collection. *
- Review Accounts Receivable sub-ledger posting for accuracy, including proper offset account posting. *
- Provide AdHoc analysis and reporting for executive management. *
- Identify and resolve accounting issues. *
- Develop, document and implement policy, process & procedures to improve internal controls, accuracy and efficiency of the accounting department. *
- Review and post journal entries for accuracy and appropriate back up documentation. *
- Provide guidance to other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy, applying observations and recommendations to operational issues. *
- Prepares all sales tax and occupancy tax filings. *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A college degree in accounting, business, finance, or another related field (Bachelor’s preferred). Candidate must have three or more years accounting experience in a business environment and a thorough working knowledge of accounting principles and applications. Significant interpersonal contacts requiring independent professional judgment; Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains experience a plus, as well as, Microcomputer operations including database, spreadsheet and word processing.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Strong technical skills, excellent time management skills. Must be able to work with limited support. Must have strong organizational skills, customer service orientation and excellent listening skills. Strong budgetary, projections, and cost control skills. Resolve problems and assumes responsibility and accountability. Create courteous, friendly, professional work environment. Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations. Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.