This job involves a lot of outdoors playtime and structured activities. The primary days are Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This position pays $12.50 per hour. Parents sometimes tip! Great company perks!
Summary: Provides child care services and structured activities for infants and children in a safe, fun, caring environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides a clean, safe and sanitary environment for children of the resort guests, employees and owners. *
- Monitors all guests entering and leaving the child care area to ensure proper protocol is followed. Ensures every child under their supervision has the proper documentation of paperwork on file before parent or guardian leaves the child. *
- Offers age-appropriate entertainment activities to toddlers and children at the center. *
- Assists children with nutritional intake, where applicable, ensuring proper amounts are offered in a timely fashion. This would require parental consent due to the possibility of food allergies. *
- Changes diapers following proper sanitary guidelines for infants and toddlers not yet toilet trained, properly discarding soiled diapers. *
- Offers comfort to any child that may be distressed, hurt or unhappy. *
- When performing outdoor activities, ensures children are properly dressed and properly supervised while performing age-appropriate activities. *
- Stocks supplies and cleans assigned area on an on-going basis. *
- Performs housekeeping duties as needed in childcare areas. *
- May be scheduled to be company Mascot to entertain children and adults at the resort. *
- Provides a clean quiet area for children that nap. *
- Follows instructions of supervisors when assisting on any outdoor activity. *
- Communicates with both parent/guardian and management on critical issues. *
- Follows established safety procedures and emergency guidelines. *
- Attends departmental or all employee meetings as required.
- Complies with policies and procedures of the resort. *
- Agrees to and passes a background check for working with minor children. *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be in the process or have received a High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with a minimum of 1 year of child care experience, or an equivalent of education and experience. First aid and CPR certification preferred.