This full-time year round position pays between $14-$16 based on experience. Benefits available. Cross training throughout recreational department.
Summary: Assist in all duties of maintenance to ensure that all equipment is fully operational, well maintained and neat in appearance. Primarily at Adventure Center, however continued training may take place on the mountain mechanics.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the preventative maintenance program for the lifts, rides, and equipment on the resort on a daily, weekly, monthly and as needed basis. *
- Maintains all record keeping of work performed. *
- Provides a safety-oriented environment for employees and participants. *
- Reports to the Manager on duty any safety issues that may require immediate attention. *
- Actively engages with guests to assist in the overall objective of fun and recreation. *
- Provide guests with appropriate information, verbal or written, upon request to promote excellent customer service. Respond to complaints to ensure satisfaction. *
- Be proactive and look out for any unhappy guests. Use your initiative to solve issues and leave customers feeling valued. *
- Greet and speak with our guests in a professional, friendly manner. *
- Attends departmental and all employee meetings as required. *
- Performs seasonal corrective maintenance. *
- Assists in new construction of resort upgrades and additions as needed. Performs special projects and assignments as directed. *
- Follows established resort policies and safety procedures. *
- Maintain a clean, pleasant, and professional image to guests, and employees. *
- Provides assistance to other areas of the department and resort to contribute to its smooth operation. May be cross-trained to perform other duties/job functions in the recreation department. *
- Properly communicates any special event needs in a timely and respectful manner. *
- Complies with all state and federal laws, company policies and procedures. *
- Ensure manufacturer’s recommended operating and safety procedures are followed. *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be at least 18 years of age or older and have a NYS Driver’s License.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two-year related experience in the mechanic field and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.