Annual salary $60,000
Summary: Responsible for providing excellent customer service to the guests through continual training, development and leadership of all food service staff. This position contributes to the overall performance and profitability of the food and beverage operations at the entire resort by working closely with F&B Supervisors, Chefs, and Catering Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the coordination of training staff on food service transactions including customer service, POS systems and cash handling procedures. *
- Responsible for training of all food service employees on an on-going basis. This includes all food service workers. Documentation of all training as it occurs as part of the standard. *
- Works closely with Catering Manager, Resort Chef and staff to ensure events are executed properly and timely. *
- Oversees scheduling of associate’s in accordance with forecasts; adjusts staffing as necessary. Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of department payroll. *
- Conducts pre-shift meetings to prepare staff with expectations and any special instructions, especially during peak periods. Coaches and counsels’ employees as issues occur to correct any deviations from the standards. Establishes and enforces a professional dress code and standard of conduct policy. *
- Actively assists in the recruiting and development of staff members, notifying Human Resources of any current staffing needs. Assists in the timely processing of paperwork to include rehire paperwork, wage forms, evaluations, documentations and terminations. *
- Responsible for ensuring cleanliness and organization of food service areas. Maintains the highest standards of health and sanitation in the food service environment, complying with all state and federal regulations. *
- Responds to all guest requests and complaints with follow up to ensure guest’s satisfaction. Develops new techniques of service to maximize the food service experience while being mindful of budget constraints. *
- Responsible for any daily reporting and monitoring of product mix, inventory levels and cash handling procedures, working closely with Food & Beverage Director on any issues critical to operations. *
- Maintains information and communication sources to include any log books or other forms for follow up and accountability. Works closely with Group Sales and Catering to ensure all details for events have been addressed timely. Provides assistance and information to contribute to smooth resort operations. *
- Strong involvement with any growing resort events from planning and development through implementation and recap. Some events may be any quarterly; Summer Concert Series, Winter Fest, Xmas Extravaganza, NYE, Hops & Swaps, etc. *
- Responsible for supply ordering, inventory control and accurate inventory counts as established by Food & Beverage Director. Responsible for tracking current costs, accurately processing purchase orders, transfers, tracking waste and forecasting trends and volume in assigned Food & Beverage area. *
- Works with the School Program Sales and College PE Sales staff on Meal Plans and food programs. *
- Complies with all resort policies and procedures. Follows established safety procedures. Assists in implementing all initiatives, vision and goals *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. General knowledge of bookkeeping and auditing procedures required.