Full-Time position with health and dental benefits available. Great company perks!
Position pays $15/hr
Job Title: Edgewater Café Supervisor
Reports To: Food & Beverage Management
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Responsible for providing excellent customer service to the guests through continual training and development of our staff in our food service area.
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for assisting in the training and supervision of employees including POS systems and cash handling procedures. Documents all training as it occurs and is put on file with Human Resources.
2. Greets and speaks with our guests in a professional, friendly manner.
3. Follow established serving and food safety guidelines.
4. Maintains orderly, clean and safe work area and storage facilities. Maintains stocked areas based on par levels, along with inventory control.
5. Follows all state and federal laws in regards to the sale of alcohol.
6. Ensures daily opening and closing processes of the concession area are done timely and according to established guidelines, including proper cash handling procedures.
7. Provides scheduling assistant to concession employees, as well as constructive assistance in operational performance.
8. Assists Food & Beverage Manager or designate with ordering of product, rotation, weekly inventory and sanitation standards. May assist with other duties related to the department as assigned.
9. Provides assistance to other departments of the resort to contribute to its smooth operation.
10. Attend any departmental or employee meetings as required.
11. Follow established safety procedures when operating equipment.
12. Complies with all resort policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Supervisor must be at least 21 years of age.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 2 years of food handling experience.
This position directly supervises employees. Candidate is expected to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or employees of organization and guests’ one on one to resolve problems.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to perform cash handling skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to multitask and change priorities as situations occur. Ability to adapt to unforeseen situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to high temperatures, and sharp objects (i.e. knives, cutting machines etc.). The employee is also occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals used in cleaning; blood borne pathogens, outdoor weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand, use hands, taste, smell and talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand for up to 4 hours at a time. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to manipulate product from ground to waist, waist to shoulder and above shoulder to shelf. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.