Job Title: Lift/Tubing Operator
Reports To: Mountain Operations Management
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: To operate the Chair Lifts properly and ensure an exciting, safe experience for all guests.
Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Ensure timely and efficient opening and/or closing procedures of the Chair Lift or Tubing area achieving company safety standards.
- Monitor guests on lifts/rides and in line queues, checking for the appropriate passes and tickets in a customer service friendly way.
- Performs safety checklist daily before opening ride to patrons.
- Provides and practices a safety-oriented environment for participants. Is always aware of surroundings and any change in sound or mechanical issues.
- Actively engages with guests to assist in the overall objective of fun and recreation.
- Follows established safety procedures.
- Provide guests with appropriate information, verbal or written, upon request to promote excellent customer service. Respond to complaints to ensure satisfaction. Greet and speak with our guests in a professional, friendly manner.
- Be proactive and look out for any unhappy guests. Use your initiative to solve issues and leave customers feeling valued.
- Maintain a clean, pleasant, and professional image to guests, and employees.
- Assist Greek Peak Mountain Resort guests with safety instructions, boarding and exiting the Chair Lift.
- Provides assistance to other areas of the resort to contribute to its smooth operation. Properly communicates any special event needs in a timely and respectful manner.
- Utilizes the proper maintenance and timeliness of logbooks, safety checks, and incident reporting.
- Performs special projects and assignments as directed.
- Complies with all state and federal laws, company policies and procedures.
- Performs required on-going training to ensure customer service and overall safety is of extremely high importance.
- Ensure manufacturer’s recommended operating and safety procedures are followed.
- Attend department and all-employee meetings as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or employees of organization and guest’s one on one to resolve problems.
Candidate must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Candidate should have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to multitask and change priorities as situations occur. Ability to adapt to unforeseen situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is commonly exposed to outdoor weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb to elevated heights or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push and pull 30 pounds.