Job Title: Controller
Reports To: CFO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Come work where you play throughout the year. Our Finance team is currently looking for a full time Controller for this exempt position that will report to the CFO.
About the Job: The Controller will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of financial statements. It addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Focus on operational excellence by ensuring accuracy and compliance with financial rules and regulations.
From concept to contract completion, our team works directly along-side senior leadership and Executive Team to yield a high-performance business by mitigating risks and increasing profits.
We work in a fast-paced environment where we challenge and support one another. Individuality and ideation are encouraged. Our team strives for to be the trusted financial advisors to the firm.
This position will have contact with senior-level employees and the firm’s CFO which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
What you’ll get to do:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Works closely with local government, regarding grants
- Oversee and assist in all aspects monthly, quarterly and year end closes
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies
- Conduct reconciliations of all major GL accounts and accrual reconciliations
- Oversee and assist in AR, AP, Accounting Manager
- Work with auditors to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
- Develop and implement new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Consolidation, inter-company transactions and reconciliations including foreign currency accounting
- Assist in providing all necessary data for any tax returns (Property, sales and use tax and corporate returns)
- Interface with management in various departments, including Operations, HR, Marketing and IT
What You’ll Bring with You:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in accounting or 8+ years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area in accounting
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Office and proficient in Excel; Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.