Job Title: Resort Brand Marketing Director
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $80K annual
Come work where you play throughout the year. The Brand Marketing Director will oversee Greek Peak’s promotional and advertising efforts to drive sales and build brand awareness. Responsibilities include developing an overall marketing plan, design and executing campaigns inclusive of measuring the return on investment of various advertising methods.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Review current marketing trends and advertisements to determine the effectiveness of different campaigns, style, and strategies.
- Analyze sales numbers in comparison to the marketing budget in order to determine profit margin and which campaigns were most effective.
- Research competitors to stay current with similar products or services in the marketplace.
- Work with all departments within Greek Peak, especially sales and the resort to develop successful strategies and campaigns that attract new guests and retain current guests.
- Create and maintain a successful brand and image that attracts guest to our expanding list of amenities and services.
- Develop marketing strategies for new products, amenities or services that comply with current company standards.
- Collaborate with the business team to uncover insights and strategies to develop and implement marketing and branding strategies for new and existing products, internally and externally.
- Oversee and grow the marketing department, consistently identifying revenue opportunities within our established client base and managing consistent growth by securing new accounts.
- Identify short-term and long-term scheduling, budget, and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual marketing budget, profit/loss projections, expenditure spending, and other financial considerations.
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for marketing team.
- Design and negotiate placement of billboards, traditional media ads on TV and radio, social media ads and email blasts.
- Lead graphic design projects, to include but not limited to resort brochures, signage, flyers, trail maps, identity collateral and digital ads.
- Manage in-resort digital displays and all signage.
- Maintains effective communication with the Sales Director and management team to ensure important information is handled timely and efficiently.
- Supports other departments throughout the resort to ensure optimal marketing and brand standards/guidelines.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of our marketing plans working closely with Greek Peak departments and management to create an effective and efficient marketing strategy focused on growing loyal guests for our products, amenities, and services.
- Spearhead the strategic and tactical execution of marketing campaigns, including design of test/control segmentation, implementation of tests, tracking, results reporting, analysis, and recommendations.
- Manage conception, development, and implementation of marketing plan and strategies, product concepts, and promotional programs to drive interest and sales.
- Hold regular meetings with internal departments to review pipeline, resolve challenges, and present possible solutions, and provide ongoing training to ensure team consistently performs above standard.
- Attend and/or participate at conventions, conferences, and tradeshows, preparing engaging displays and collateral as needed, and providing post-event reports and analysis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications
- Successful track record in senior marketing roles and creating marketing campaigns
- Excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Experience with digital and print marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Proven ability to plan and manage budgets
- 7+ years of leading marketing & branding teams
- Proficiency with HTML, content management systems, and design software
- Effective writing, speaking, presenting and active listening skills
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate with management, team members, clients and customers where applicable
- Familiarity with content management systems, webpage analytics, customer relationship management and other relevant software
- Data analysis, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making
- Understanding of industry best practices
- Creativity, adaptability and familiar with current marketing trends
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills