This is a part time position that pays $14/hr – $17/hr based on experience.
Job Title: Esthetician
Reports To: Spa Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Esthetician performs facials using several current methods to suit the client’s requests and skin type. Other services are performed according to the licensing such as make-up applications and waxing services on guests.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Proficiency in all disciplines, including peels, microdermabrasion, waxing, extractions, body treatments and other therapies
- Should be experienced in all facets of proper skin care understanding the anatomy, physiology, chemistry, masks, packs, cleansing, massage and superfluous hair removal. Consult with the guest to analyze skin type and facial treatment required to ensure expectations are met for a pleasurable visit
- Must be knowledgeable about all resort services and amenities
- Cross-trained to perform all services such as body and hydrotherapy treatments, per licensing
- Perform prep work, properly clean and restock room as required. Prepare facial and waxing equipment, treatment areas and supplies daily, sterilize all instruments in accordance to the law, and complete all tasks necessary for opening and closing shifts
- Properly care for equipment, use proper amounts of product abiding by all product control guidelines to assist with cost controls. Maintain and ensure adherence to service standards
- Maintain the cleanliness of the salon area, and rest of the Spa area as needed
- Keep the service area fully stocked of all supplies and informs customers of any products used that are available for retail
- Attend product knowledge training as required. Keep current and up to date knowledge of changing trends and developments in the field of esthetics and the department
- Understands that scheduling is based on occupancy or appointments made through local clients, which may result in a varied work schedule. Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa. Work to fill your schedule
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures. Be informed about policy, procedures and communication
- Wear proper uniform and maintain a high standard in regard to personal appearance as outlined in the employee handbook
- Complies with all spa and resort safety policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. They must have a valid New York State Certification.