Job Title: Food & Beverage Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Come work where you play throughout the year. Greek Peak Mountain Resort is currently looking for a Director for our Food & Beverage Department. This position is an exempt position with full-time benefits.
The Director of Food & Beverage provides leadership, management, training and direction for all employees employed with food and beverage. The position contributes to the overall performance and profitability of the food and beverage operations throughout the resort by working closely with the F & B Supervisors, Chefs and Catering Manager.
In addition, the Assistant Food & Beverage Director is also responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our guest.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Clearly assigns and delegates responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage outlets.
- Prepares and monitors annual budget (working closely with CFO), revenue goals and the expenses for the Food and Beverage department as well as generating various (weekly, monthly etc.) business volume forecasts and planning accordingly.
- Reviews and analyzes various financial results/reports to monitor overall Food and Beverage performance and takes any corrective actions that may be needed.
- Monitors market conditions that impact menu offerings, business volume, and profitability.
- Executes inventory control and calculation for monthly analysis and reconciliation. Identifies opportunities to control food costs and other expenses. Works closely with the Executive Team on policies and procedures and the monthly inventory processes.
- Participates with the Chef, other Food & Beverage Managers and Sales Team in the creation of menus to entice variety of appetites including restaurant and banquets while incorporating a menu pricing structure that will support the bottom-line goals.
- Directs ordering amounts, timing of orders, receiving, invoice settlement and accuracy, storage temperatures and areas.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining Health Department permits, Liquor Licenses and all legal compliance associated with the food and beverage sales and consumption.
- Continually researches vendor possibilities, pricing, service, and evaluates vendor relationships to the benefit of the facility.
- Works closely with Catering Manager to develop catering policy and pricing; may be involved or carry out planning, production and closure of all events.
- Implements policies and procedures for the Food & Beverage department including compliance of company standards relating to quality of products and services.
- Responsible for overseeing the interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree and five years of proven leadership experience, or the combination of related education and experience.
- The proven ability to effectively balance being a Strategic Business Partner with being a hands-on leader.
- A track record of success in hospitality leadership roles with significant experience in Food & Beverage, preferably in multi-faceted, seasonal resorts. • Experience managing large and diverse teams.
- Technically competent with hospitality software and Microsoft Office products.
- Energetic self-starter, with strong leadership skills, work ethic, and highest level of integrity. • Effective oral, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills • This position requires a very flexible and at times demanding schedule.
- Flexibility in a working schedule is required this is not a 9am-5pm position.
- Free passes for employees (nominal fee of $15.00 for the RFID card) along with discounted learn to ski lessons.
- Discounted season passes for dependent.
- Additional discounts on lodging, food, gear, and during the summer on mountain biking.
- Excellent training and professional development.
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (All full-time staff-1st of the month after 30 days of employment).
- For all seasonal, full-time and part-time staff GPMR offers tele-health benefits for a nominal fee.
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply for this position
Please fill out the items below to the best of your ability. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).