Job Title: Front Desk Associate
Reports To: Front Desk Mgr
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Come work where you play throughout the year. Greek Peak Mountain Resort is currently looking for a Front Desk Associate for Hope Lake Lodge, this position is part-time, year-round position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Greets and assists all guests during arrival and departure.
- Provides courteous guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests and complaints.
- Coordinates the delivery of guest services by other departments and outside vendors.
- Assists with all guest inquiries to try to satisfy request in a timely, positive manner.
- Processes all reservations and cancellation requests in a timely manner by email, telephone, fax or in person.
- Maximizes room revenue and occupancy levels through suggestive selling techniques.
- May handle the departments accounting system of money, receipts, guest accounts, and other forms of credit. Balances shift cash-up and accounts.
- Maintains information and communication sources such as room inventory, telephone information, log book, and hotel directories; operates reservation system to handle customer inquiries, wakeup calls and the proper communication to guests.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of front desk and back office to present a pleasant and professional image to guests.
- Perform clerical duties to include handling incoming and outgoing mail, email faxing, photocopying, and bookkeeping as needed both internally and assisting the guest.
- The Guest Services Representative works closely with the housekeeping department to ensure a smooth transition for the guest for both check-in and check-out and any special needs or requests.
- Provides assistance to other departments of the resort to contribute to its smooth operation. Assists with Gift Shop and Valet as needed.
- Follows established safety procedures. Complies with all resort policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Ability to explain various resort options to guest.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. occasionally
- Willingness to work a varied work schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays
Greek Peak HLL is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.