Job Title: General Laborer
Reports To: Construction Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $15 to $18 hr experience/part-time/full-time based
Come work where you play throughout the year. Greek Peak Mountain Resort is currently looking for full-time and part-time General Laborer workers to work at our resort and on our construction projects.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Assists in the preventative maintenance throughout the resort.
- Must be able to operate construction equipment and operate basic hand and power tools (e.g., hammers, shovels, wrenches, screwdrivers, power drills, and circular saws).
- Assist team members in the field with successful completion of projects.
- Maintains all record keeping of work performed.
- Provides a detailed safety-oriented environment for employees and participants.
- Reports any safety issues that may require immediate attention to supervisor immediately.
- Actively engages with guests to assist in the overall objective of safe fun and recreation.
- Ensure manufacturer’s recommended operating and safety procedures are followed.
- Assists in new construction of resort upgrades and additions as needed. May be asked to work various resort maintenance projects.
- Provides assistance to other areas of the resort to contribute to its smooth operation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidate must own at a minimum basic hand tools for construction use.
- Must be 18 years of age with a valid NYS Class D drivers license in good standing.
- Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity, dependability, tact, and good judgment needed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and safety data sheets.
- OSHA 10 Construction Certification (preferred)
- OSHA 30 Construction Certification (preferred)
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States at this time we do not offer H1B sponsorships (Required).
- Must be able to work outside in all safe elements of weather, with proper working attire.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and push 30 lbs. on a regular basis.