Job Title: Guest Service Representative
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
Wage: $12 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Responsible for providing the highest level of guest service to all guests in the resort.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets and assists all guests during arrival and departure.
- Provides courteous guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests, and complaints.
- Coordinates the delivery of guest services by other departments and outside vendors.
- Assists with all guest inquiries to try to satisfy request in a timely, positive manner.
- Processes all reservations and cancellation requests in a timely manner by email, telephone, fax or in person.
- Maximizes room revenue and occupancy levels through suggestive selling techniques.
- May handle the department’s accounting system of money, receipts, guest accounts, and other forms of credit. Balances shift cash-up and accounts.
- Maintains information and communication sources such as room inventory, telephone information, logbook, and hotel directories; operates reservation system to handle customer inquiries, wakeup calls and the proper communication to guests.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of front desk and back office to present a pleasant and professional image to guests.
- Perform clerical duties to include handling incoming and outgoing mail, email faxing, photocopying, and bookkeeping as needed both internally and assisting the guest.
- The Guest Services Representative works closely with the housekeeping department to ensure a smooth transition for the guest for both check-in and check-out and any special needs or requests.
- Provides assistance to other departments of the resort to contribute to its smooth operation. Assists with Gift Shop and Valet as needed.*
- Follows established safety procedures. Complies with all resort policies and procedures.
- Attends departmental and all-employee meetings as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or employees of organization as well as guest’s one on one to resolve problems.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to perform cash handling skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to multitask and change priorities as situations occur. Ability to adapt to unforeseen situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet Explorer and Microsoft Windows.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.