Job Title: Head Chef
Reports To: Director of Food & Beverage
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Come work where you play throughout the year. Greek Peak Mountain Resort is currently looking for a Head Chef. This position will report to the Director of Food and Beverage and is full-time, year-round exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Prepares food by pre-described cooking methods and recipes. Ensures the product that is served to the guests is visually attractive, flavorful and consistent.
- Follow and enforce proper food temperature guidelines.
- Follow established FIFO practices.
- Follow and enforce established food sanitary requirements and safety precautions and procedures. Trains staff accordingly. *
- Maintains order and cleanliness of kitchens, prep areas and food storage areas.
- Provides direction and leadership to employees within the department on an on-going basis.
- Reacts and responds appropriately to all guests’ questions, comments or dissatisfaction.
- Responsible for the inventory of product, purchasing, disbursement, and cost control for all food related items.
- Promotes and engages in positive vendor relations. *
- Assists in managing the personnel function of the kitchen staff in order to attract, train, retain, and motivate employees: takes part in hiring, developing, empowering, coaching and counseling, conduct performance reviews, resolving problems, and providing open communication for all employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two-year related experience. Additional education is considered a plus.
- Culinary experience: 2 years (Required)
- Cooking: 2 years (Required)
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and follow safety guidelines set forth by GPMR and NYS DOH.
- Ability to give communicate in an attentive manner with guests
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States at this time we do not offer H1B sponsorships.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and push 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Free passes for employees (nominal fee of $15.00 for the RFID card) along with discounted learn to ski lessons.
- Discounted season passes for dependent.
- Additional discounts on lodging, food, gear, and during the summer on mountain biking.
- Excellent training and professional development.
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (All full-time staff-1st of the month after 30 days of employment).
- For all seasonal, full-time and part-time staff GPMR offers tele-health benefits for a nominal fee.
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.