Summary: Ensures that the Lodge and all equipment are fully operational, well maintained and neat in appearance. Work schedule to include nights and weekends to cover operations. Works encompasses light plumbing, electrical, carpentry and other duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the preventative maintenance program for the Lodge and buildings on the resort and its fixtures on a daily, weekly, monthly and as needed basis. *
- Works closely with Housekeeping to fix any items in rooms in need of repair. Works to ensure all room repairs are done timely for rooms with guests checking into them. *
- Maintains all record-keeping of work performed on buildings or equipment. *
- Provides assistance to other departments of the resort to contribute to the smooth operation. *
- Reports to the Maintenance Manager any safety issues that may need immediate attention beyond their scope of ability. *
- Responds to all guest requests and complaints and follow up to ensure guest’s satisfaction. *
- Monitors buildings and grounds to ensure a neat and clean appearance and environment. *
- Follows established resort policies safety procedures. *
- Attends departmental and all employee meetings as required. *
- Performs seasonal corrective maintenance on buildings. This may include townhouses and condominiums on premises. *
- Has the ability to perform a variety of minor repairs including plumbing, electrical, and carpentry. Workmanship is professional while maintaining a positive customer-service attitude. *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidate must own at a minimum basic hand tools for construction use.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two-year related experience in the construction field and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job is days, nights, weekends and holidays to cover operations. Customer service skills very important.