Greek Peak Mountain Resort
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
Reports To: IT Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: Based on Experience
Summary: This position assists the Director with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The position utilizes one-on-one consultancy to end users and resort staff. The employee in this position also assists in the maintenance and testing of network servers, cabling and associated equipment. The position’s responsibilities require independent analyses, communication and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines. *
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software. *
- Configures and maintains email and phones for new staff.*
- Must be proficient with Windows operating system and Office products. *
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment. *
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, Wi-Fi controllers, conferencing systems, application servers, and other administrative systems. *
- Familiar with remote desktop help systems. *
- Assists in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone and Wi-Fi systems. *
- Must be capable of creating and tracing network cables and jacks. *
- Experience in a virtual desktop and thin client environment, especially VMWARE, is desirable.*
- Experience with the management of offsite backup systems desirable.*
- Experience with the management of WIFI systems desirable.*
- Experience with the management of VOIP systems desirable.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, highlighted above, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates degree or higher in related field; or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry and basic budgeting.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions; blood borne pathogens; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.