Job Title: Janitorial Staff
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Wage: $12 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the base buildings and surrounding areas within the base resort. This is a productive hands-on position with working hours changing with the seasonality of the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Pre-season may work solo or with minimal staff. Position includes but is not limited to re-stocking and cleaning bathrooms, cleaning and mopping all floors, emptying garbage containers, cleaning windows, dusting, and cleaning all areas along the way.
- Regulates quality of cleanliness of all areas of the base buildings by performing inspections and working around guests.
- Communicates with Supervisor about product inventory levels, and other concerns for all cleaning items.
- Maintains a checklist to ensure all areas of responsibility are fulfilled each, communicating opportunities on a timely basis with Supervisor.
- Provides assistance to other areas of the resort as needed to contribute to its smooth operation. May cross-train at Hotel to assist when needed, especially during slower periods.
- Maintains information and communication sources which may include log books or other forms.
- Follows established safety procedures: the use of personal protective equipment and bloodborne pathogen policies.
- Responds to all guest requests and complaints and follow up to ensure guest’s satisfaction.
- Maintain a clean, pleasant, and professional image for guests and employees.
- Complies with all resort policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or equivalency is preferred. One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; bloodborne pathogens; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push and pull 30 pounds.