Paid training $12.50, goes to $12.75 when certification is successfully completed!
Summary: Ensure a safe, clean and enjoyable aquatic environment for participants, ensure the safety of all individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Ensure the safety of the guests and prevent injuries by supervising pools and surrounding area.*
- Maintain all aquatics/pools standards and enforce all rules as set into standard by both Ellis & Associates and the Resort Management.
- Administer first aid to the public and employees using OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen precautions. Provide immediate care to sustain life until Emergency Medical Service arrives as necessary.
- Accurately and completely fill out all paperwork required to coincide with any first aid administered in a timely manner to ensure documentation can be distributed to appropriate personnel.
- During slower periods, cleanliness and sanitation of Waterpark is expected to be performed by all staff. Management may provide specific lists based on needs.
- Maintain current certifications by doing required training. Maintain physical fitness. Perform endurance swims, rescue procedures upon request. Does in-service on a monthly documented basis.
- Wear proper attire and whistle in accordance with dress code standards.
- Attend staff meetings and training’s as required.
- Communicate all pool rules professionally and ensure that you are accessible and identifiable.
- Follows established safety procedures. Complies with all policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to properly and safely operate equipment used.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Knowledge of the standards of care in the industry.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, guests and staff members.
- Must have emotional stability and the ability to make sound decisions that conform to facility policies when dealing in adverse situations.
- Knowledge that their decisions may affect the total facility staff and the lives of others.
- Must be firm, fair, consistent and courteous in order to gain respect and cooperation of the public.
- Must have a positive attitude in order to fully cooperate with other guards in a team effort, and adhere to rules and regulations to ensure successful operation of the facility.
- Must have the physical and mental conditions necessary to be able to properly and timely activate and complete the EAP system in case of an emergency.
- Must possess good oral communication skills.
- Independent judgment concerning work methods and procedures is required.
No experience necessary, we will train!
We certify through Ellis & Associates.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.