Job Title: Lift Mechanic
Reports To: Mountain Operations Manager/Hill Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $937.50 weekly
Assist in all duties of primarily outside maintenance to ensure that all equipment is fully operational, well maintained and neat in appearance. Position is mainly focused on maintenance of Chair Lifts, however maintaining all areas is part of the overall description.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Assists in the preventative maintenance program for the lifts, rides, and equipment on the resort on a daily, weekly, monthly and as needed basis
- During winter season execute routine lift checks for any existing or potential problems, and plan maintenance and repair. This includes:
- Visually check chairs and towers.
- Line checks: check sheaves for problems such as bad bearings, liner wear, flat spots, and so forth
- Drive checks: check all machinery and mechanical parts of the drive station, including fluid levels, brake pads, hoses, and so forth
- Return checks: check carriage, guide sheaves, counterweight cables, height of counterweight, return wheel and liner
- Necessary minor adjustments, preventive maintenance, and repair or replace worn or broken parts
- When mechanical problems are reported, locate and diagnose problems, and plan and perform necessary repairs, or report major problems to supervisor
- Maintains all record keeping of work performed
- Provides a safety-oriented environment for employees and participants
- Reports to the Hill Manager on duty any safety issues that may require immediate attention
- Actively engages with guests to assist in the overall objective of safe fun and recreation
- Provide training to staff on an on-going basis
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times
- Provide guests with appropriate information, verbal or written, upon request to promote excellent customer service
- Respond to complaints to ensure satisfaction. Respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner
- Ensure manufacturer’s recommended operating and safety procedures are followed
- Be proactive and look out for any unhappy guests. Use your initiative to solve issues and leave customers feeling valued.
- During summer, perform a variety of lifts maintenance and construction tasks and projects; performs seasonal corrective maintenance.
- Follows established resort policies and safety procedures.
- Assists in new construction of resort upgrades and additions as needed. May be asked to work various resort maintenance projects
- Maintain a clean, pleasant, and professional image to guests, and employees. Maintain tools, equipment and shop work areas
- Provides assistance to other areas of the resort to contribute to its smooth operation.
- Properly communicates any special event needs in a timely and respectful manner.
- Performs special projects and assignments as directed
- Complies with all state and federal laws, company policies and procedures
- Attends departmental and all employee meetings as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be at least 18 years of age or older and have a valid Driver’s License
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two-year related experience in the mechanical field and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.