Job Title: Lift Operator
Reports To: Hill Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $18.00 hourly
SUMMARY: Greek Peak Mountain Resort is hiring ski lift operators for the 23-24 winter ski season. This is a seasonal position that will start in December. We have flexible daytime and evening shifts available. Must be at least 18 years old and have weekend availability. Employees who work a minimum of 2 shifts per week are eligible for a $15 employee season pass with complimentary rentals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Ensure timely and efficient opening and/or closing procedures of the chair lift achieving company safety standards.
- Monitor guests in line and entering the ride for appropriate RFID passes in a customer service friendly way.
- Performs safety checklist daily before opening ride to patrons.
- Provides and practices a safety-oriented environment for participants. Is always aware of surroundings and any change in sound or mechanical issues.
- Actively engages with guests to assist in the overall objective of fun and recreation.
- Follows established safety procedures.
- Provide guests with appropriate information, verbal or written, upon request to promote excellent customer service. Respond to complaints to ensure satisfaction. Greet and speak with our guests in a professional, friendly manner.
- Be proactive and look out for any unsatisfied guests. Use your initiative to solve issues and leave customers feeling valued.
- Maintain a clean, pleasant, and professional image to guests, and employees.
- Assist Greek Peak Mountain Resort guests with safety instructions, boarding and exiting the chair lift.
- Utilizes the proper maintenance and timeliness of log books, safety checks and incident reporting.
- Complies with all state and federal laws, company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have weekend availability.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math skills.
- Ability to give instructions to guests.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work in all elements of weather.
- Ability to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States at this time as we do not offer H1B sponsorships.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and push 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Employees who work a minimum of 2 shifts per week are eligible for a season pass at a nominal fee of $15.00 with complimentary rentals.
- Discounted season passes for dependent/buddy.
- Additional discounts on lodging, food, gear, waterpark, and Adventure Center.
- Excellent training and professional development.
- For all seasonal, full-time, and part-time staff GPMR offers telemedicine benefits for a nominal fee.
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply for this position
Please fill out the items below to the best of your ability. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).