Job Title: Lift Operator
Reports To: Hill Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Come work where you play throughout the year. Greek Peak Mountain Resort is currently looking for a Lift Operator for our Hill Department. This position is part-time, seasonal and day and evenings are available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Ensure timely and efficient opening and/or closing procedures of the Chair Lift or Tubing area achieving company safety standards.
- Monitor guests on lifts/rides and in line queues, checking for the appropriate passes and tickets in a customer service friendly way.
- Performs safety checklist daily before opening ride to patrons.
- Provides and practices a safety-oriented environment for participants. Is always aware of surroundings and any change in sound or mechanical issues.
- Actively engages with guests to assist in the overall objective of fun and recreation.
- Follows established safety procedures.
- Provide guests with appropriate information, verbal or written, upon request to promote excellent customer service. Respond to complaints to ensure satisfaction. Greet and speak with our guests in a professional, friendly manner.
- Be proactive and look out for any unhappy guests. Use your initiative to solve issues and leave customers feeling valued.
- Maintain a clean, pleasant, and professional image to guests, and employees.
- Assist Greek Peak Mountain Resort guests with safety instructions, boarding and exiting the Chair Lift.
- Utilizes the proper maintenance and timeliness of log books, safety checks and incident reporting.
- Complies with all state and federal laws, company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math skills.
- Ability to give instructions to guests.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work in all elements of weather.
- Ability to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States at this time as we do not offer H1B sponsorships.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and push 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Free passes for employees (nominal fee of $15.00 for the RFID card) along with discounted learn to ski lessons.
- Discounted season passes for dependent.
- Additional discounts on lodging, food, gear, and during the summer on mountain biking.
- Excellent training and professional development.
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (All full-time staff-1st of the month after 30 days of employment).
- For all seasonal, full-time and part-time staff GPMR offers tele-health benefits for a nominal fee.
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply for this position
Please fill out the items below to the best of your ability. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).