Job Title: Lift/Tubing Operator
Reports To: Mountain Operations Management
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To operate the Chair Lifts properly and safely, ensuring an exciting, safe, memorable experience for all guests.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Ensure timely and efficient opening and/or closing procedures of the Chair Lift or Tubing area achieving company safety standards
- Monitor guests on lifts/rides and in line queues, checking for the appropriate passes and tickets in a customer service friendly way
- Performs safety checklist daily before opening ride to patrons
- Provides and practices a safety-oriented environment for participants. Is always aware of surroundings and any change in sound or mechanical issues
- Actively engages with guests to assist in the overall objective of fun and recreation
- Follows established safety procedures
- Provide guests with appropriate information, verbal or written, upon request to promote excellent customer service. Respond to complaints to ensure satisfaction. Greet and speak with our guests in a professional, friendly manner
- Be proactive and look out for any unhappy guests. Use your initiative to solve issues and leave customers feeling valued
- Maintain a clean, pleasant, and professional image to guests, and employees
- Assist Greek Peak Mountain Resort guests with safety instructions, boarding and exiting the Chair Lift
- Provides assistance to other areas of the resort to contribute to its smooth operation. Properly communicates any special event needs in a timely and respectful manner
- Utilizes the proper maintenance and timeliness of log books, safety checks and incident reporting
- Performs special projects and assignments as directed
- Complies with all state and federal laws, company policies and procedures
- Performs required on-going training to ensure customer service and overall safety is of extremely high importance
- Ensure manufacturer’s recommended operating and safety procedures are followed
- Attend department and all employee meetings as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.