Job Title: Line Cook
Reports To: Food & Beverage Management
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 hourly (commensurate with experience)
SUMMARY: Greek Peak – Hope Lake Lodge & Indoor Waterpark is hiring a year-round cook for Carvers Steakhouse . This position will start immediately. We have flexible daytime and evening shifts available. Must be at least 18 years years old and have weekend availability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Prepare food by pre-described cooking methods and recipes.
- Follow and enforce proper food temperature guidelines.
- Follow established FIFO practices.
- Prep food for use for current or incoming shift following proper rotation and sanitation standards.
- Prepare special meals and dietary dishes according to guest requests.
- Follow established food sanitary requirements and safety precautions.
- Follow established weight and portion controls.
- Prepares food in a timely, consistent manner in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of kitchen, coolers, freezers, floors and store room areas.
- Follows established safety procedures.
- Provides assistance to other departments of the resort to contribute to its smooth operation.
- Communicate with all customers and employees in a respectful manner.
- Attends all department and all employee meetings as required.
- Complies with all resort policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two-year related experience. Additional education is considered a plus.
- Must have previous restaurant cooking experience.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have weekend availability.
- Ability to read and follow safety guidelines set forth by GPMR and NYS DOH.
- Ability to give communicate in an attentive manner with guests
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States at this time we do not offer H1B sponsorships.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and push 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Employees who work a minimum of 2 shifts per week are eligible for a season pass at a nominal fee of $15.00 with complimentary rentals.
- Discounted season passes for dependent/buddy.
- Additional discounts on lodging, food, gear, waterpark, and Adventure Center.
- Excellent training and professional development.
- For all seasonal, full-time, and part-time staff GPMR offers telemedicine benefits for a nominal fee.
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply for this position
Please fill out the items below to the best of your ability. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).