$57,000 – $60,000 annually based on experience
Job Title: Electrician
Reports To: Resort Maintenance Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The Duties and responsibilities of this position are to maintain all electrical components, such as transformers, circuit breakers, lighting systems, telephone system and public announcing throughout the resort area. The Electrician works closely with Mountain Operations and the Maintenance Manager to provide an overall smooth operation for the resort.
Specific Primary Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned
- Maintenance and repair of the resort primary power system. *
- Provides regular inspections of facility to help identify problematic areas. *
- Maintenance and repair of all lift electrical systems to include: *
- Motors and starters
- Control systems
- Safety systems (including tower switches)
- Maintenance and repair of all snowmaking systems to include: *
- Pump motors and starters
- Air compressors and starters
- Pedestal safety switches and all associated wiring.
- Snow making machine electrical components.
- Maintenance and repair of all hill and base area HID lighting systems. *
- Maintenance and repair of the telephone system. *
- Works with local code enforcers, State and regulatory inspectors and all other governing agencies to help ensure safe operations throughout the resort. *
- Maintenance and repair of electrical systems in the following structures: *
- All base buildings
- All lift shacks and pump houses
- Ski Patrol building
- Ski Club buildings
- Maintenance and repair of Public Announcing System (exterior and interior) *
- Maintenance and repair of the resort security system. *
- Electrical maintenance and repair at the Adventure Center*
- Electrical maintenance and repair at Hope Lake Lodge & Indoor Waterpark coordinated with the Maintenance Manager. *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be a certified Electrician with knowledge of primary power systems, 3 phase 480-volt power systems and commercial electrical.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.