Summary: Under direction, makes minor and major mechanical repairs on a variety of gasoline and diesel-powered equipment. Performs a variety of repairs, modification, and fabrication of equipment and facilities, performing related duties as required on all types of equipment at a four-season resort.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Diagnose and repair a variety of mechanical equipment used by the Resort in all four seasons. *
- Tear down motors and make general overhauls; repair transmissions, differentials, distributors, fuel pumps, carburetors, steering gear, starters, universal joints, and hydraulic systems. *
- Should have the knowledge and ability to align wheels; tune engines; and make electrical repairs on equipment. *
- Maintain inventory and stock of spare parts in an organized method. Maintains work records of equipment repair and servicing; and maintains equipment safety records. *
- Reports any safety issues that may need immediate attention. *
- Assists in the preventative maintenance program on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. *
- Provides assistance to other areas of the department and resort as needed to contribute to the smooth operation. *
- Trains other employees in safety practices and in the routine and preventive maintenance of equipment. Ensures proper sign out and use of equipment. *
- Follows established safety procedures. Complies with all policies and procedures. *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.