Job Title: Rental Shop Technician
Reports To: Rental Shop Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $14.20 hourly
SUMMARY: Greek Peak Mountain Resort is hiring rental shop technicians s for the 23-24 winter ski season. This is a seasonal position that will start in December. We have flexible daytime and evening shifts available. Must be at least 14 years old and have weekend availability. Employees who work a minimum of 2 shifts per week are eligible for a $15 employee season pass with complimentary rentals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Greet each customer sincerely and offer assistance.
- Work closely with the Rental Shop Manager and supervisors to actively assist in the daily operations of the Rental Shop.
- Equip guests with the proper fitting ski & snowboard equipment according to standards.
- Assist with sales using the POS system.
- Comply with all resort safety and emergency procedures with particular attention to the duties required of the Rental Shop.
- Comply with all policies and standards according to NYS guidelines, including sanitation guidelines.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests and employees by cleaning as you go and being aware of your surroundings.
- Maintain a clean, pleasant and professional image to guests and staff.
- Ability to resolve problems involving different variables to achieve customer satisfaction. Knows when to elevate a situation to the next level of command.
- Complies with all policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 14 years old with valid working papers.
- Must have weekend availability.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math skills.
- Ability to give instructions to guests.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work in all elements of weather.
- Ability to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States at this time as we do not offer H1B sponsorships.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and push 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Employees who work a minimum of 2 shifts per week are eligible for a season pass at a nominal fee of $15.00 with complimentary rentals.
- Discounted season passes for dependent/buddy.
- Additional discounts on lodging, food, gear, waterpark, and Adventure Center.
- Excellent training and professional development.
- For all seasonal, full-time, and part-time staff GPMR offers telemedicine benefits for a nominal fee.
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (All full-time staff-1st of the month after 30 days of employment).
- For all seasonal, full-time and part-time staff GPMR offers tele-health benefits for a nominal fee.
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply for this position
Please fill out the items below to the best of your ability. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).