Wage: $13 per hour
Summary: The Agent’s primary responsibility is to capture as many reservations as possible by utilizing effective selling techniques and all available tools. The Front Desk Agent acts as the Hotel Concierge, ensuring the guests are checked in and out of the system efficiently and their requests are met timely. Customer Service is vital! The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, sales-minded, customer-focused and detail-oriented with a high degree of computer literacy, the willingness to learn new processes, and the ability to merge into a dynamic work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Assist guests by selling future reservations.
- Promptly follow up with guest inquiry leads for second chance bookings.
- Answer telephone calls and emails in a prescribed and professional manner.
- Maintain potential and current guest profile information.
- Assist customers with questions regarding their existing reservations.
- Provide concierge services with general knowledge of the property and surrounding area including restaurants, entertainment, special events and general directions.
- Strong ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
- Deliver the highest standard of service to all customers.
- Effectively manage daily correspondences and operational tasks to exceed customer expectations and expand customer base.
- Display effective computer literacy and be familiar with MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel). NAVIS Certification, Applications & Software knowledge a plus.
- Possess a positive and upbeat attitude at all times.
- Professional customer service nature with a desire to succeed.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to be part of high growth, fast-paced business.
- Willing to comply with all resort policies and procedures.
The following list is representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for the Reservation Sales Agent to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A minimum of two years’ related experience and/or training in reservation or hospitality experience. Candidates with a strong sales background in non-hospitality related fields will be considered. NAVIS certification a plus.
Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills and possess excellent telephone etiquette. Ability to answer client’s questions and successfully resolve issues and/or negotiate matters related to client’s accounts. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business contracts and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and/or staff. Must maintain clear and concise documentation and positive approach to conflict resolution. Must demonstrate willingness to continually learn new processes, and the ability to merge into a dynamic work environment.
Computer and Mathematical Skills:
NAVIS Narrowcast and Dashboard knowledge is preferred. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Must possess a thorough knowledge of MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, etc.). The ability to type quickly and correctly using an Online Chat Feature is important.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.