Job Title: Resort Chef
Reports To: Food & Beverage Management
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $55,000 – $70,000 annually (Based on experience)
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of food production and presentation for dining and banquet operations. These duties include the training and supervision of staff performing these duties and the facilities in which the food is prepared.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Prepares food by pre-described cooking methods and recipes. Ensures the product that is served to the guests is visually attractive, flavorful and consistent.
- Follow and enforce proper food temperature guidelines
- Follow established FIFO practices
- Follow and enforce established food sanitary requirements and safety precautions and procedures. Trains staff accordingly
- Follow and enforce established weight and portion controls
- Responsible for product par ordering and maintaining adequate levels
- Maintains order and cleanliness of kitchens, prep areas and food storage areas
- Provides direction and leadership to employees within the department on an on-going basis
- Reacts and responds appropriately to all guests’ questions, comments or dissatisfaction
- Schedules employees in accordance with forecasted sales volume and occupancy, adjusts staffing as necessary for sudden changes in business levels
- Responsible for the inventory of product, purchasing, disbursement, and cost control for all food related items
- Promotes and engages in positive vendor relations
- Assists in managing the personnel function of the kitchen staff in order to attract, train, retain, and motivate employees: takes part in hiring, developing, empowering, coaching and counseling, conduct performance reviews, resolving problems, and providing open communication for all employees
- Responsible for establishing seasonal menus that fit the demographics and gross profit guidelines
- Follows established safety procedures, use of personal protective equipment and sharps policies
- Provides assistance to other areas of the resort to contribute to its smooth operation
- Maintains a clean, pleasant, and professional image to guests and employees
- Complies with all resort policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidate must have previous experience as a Chef in order to be considered for this position.