Job Title: Snowmaker
Reports To: Hill Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Required: Valid Drivers License
Tends artificial snow making equipment of ski resort to produce artificial snow along ski trails: Rides chair lift or drives snow-terrain vehicle along ski trails to reach snow equipment. Attaches hoses from snow equipment to nozzles of above-ground outlets for underground compressed air and water pipelines, using wrenches. Turns outlet valves to adjust compressed air and water mixture to obtain desired snow spray. Returns defective or frozen snow equipment to ski lodge for repair, using snow vehicle. Repositions equipment periodically to direct snowfall to other sections of trail, or closes valves to shut off equipment when snow coverage is completed. Cleans dirt and frozen snow from equipment, using hand tools.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Tends to artificial snow making equipment of ski resort to produce artificial snow along ski trails and designated areas
- May ride chair lift or drive snow-terrain vehicle to reach snow equipment
- Maintains inventory and stock of spare parts; maintains work records of equipment repair and servicing; and maintains equipment safety records
- Provides assistance to other departments as needed to contribute to the smooth operation
- Reports to the Hill Manager any safety issues that may need immediate attention
- Assists in the preventative maintenance program on a daily, weekly, monthly and as needed basis
- Trains other employees in safety practices and in the routine and preventive maintenance of equipment. Ensures proper sign out and use of equipment
- Follows established safety procedures
- Complies with all policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.