Job Title: Snowmaker
Reports To: Hill Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $18.00 hourly
SUMMARY: Greek Peak Mountain Resort is hiring snowmakers for the 23-24 winter ski season. This is a seasonal position that requires overnight availability as this is when most of the snowmaking happens. Snowmakers are required to cross-train and work as lift operators when needed. Must be at least 18 years old and have weekend availability. Employees who work a minimum of 2 shifts per week are eligible for a $15 employee season pass with complimentary rentals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Tends to artificial snow making equipment of ski resort to produce artificial snow along ski trails and designated areas.
- May ride chair lift or drive snow-terrain vehicle to reach snow equipment.
- Maintains inventory and stock of spare parts; maintains work records of equipment repair and servicing; and maintains equipment safety records.
- Provides assistance to other departments as needed to contribute to the smooth operation.
- Reports to the Hill Manager any safety issues that may need immediate attention.
- Assists in the preventative maintenance program on a daily, weekly, monthly and as needed basis.
- Trains other employees in safety practices and in the routine and preventive maintenance of equipment. Ensures proper sign out and use of equipment.
- Cross-train as a lifter operator in order to assist when needed .
- Follows established safety procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have overnight and weekend availability.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math skills.
- Ability to give instructions to guests.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work in all elements of weather.
- Ability to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States at this time as we do not offer H1B sponsorships.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and push 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Employees who work a minimum of 2 shifts per week are eligible for a season pass at a nominal fee of $15.00 with complimentary rentals.
- Discounted season passes for dependent/buddy.
- Additional discounts on lodging, food, gear, waterpark, and Adventure Center.
- Excellent training and professional development.
- For all seasonal, full-time, and part-time staff GPMR offers telemedicine benefits for a nominal fee.
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Hill DepartmentSki Area
Employment Status: Part Time
Location: Greek Peak Mountain Resort
Apply for this position
Please fill out the items below to the best of your ability. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).