Job Title: Spa Director
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Come work where you play throughout the year. Greek Peak Mountain Resort is seeking a full-time Spa Director for our Waterfalls Spa. The Director of the Spa, will be responsible for the daily operations of the facility including: implementing marketing, training and scheduling front desk staff. This position will be an exempt position and report to the President of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Provide direction and leadership to all the employees of the Spa.
- Ensure that all Spa employees follow all procedures and guidelines while administering treatments, including NYS Covid-19 mandates.
- Assist staff in diagnosing treatments for clients offering suggestions for additional treatments.
- Ensure all business licenses are current and properly displayed in Spa/Salon per state regulations.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain knowledge of hours of operation, memberships, reservations, fees, treatments, products and merchandise. Maintain current knowledge of all hotel features and services.
- Verify medical releases from guests with applicable medical conditions, keeping this information secure and confidential.
- Handle emergency procedures according to procedures and guidelines. Complies with all hotel policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations regarding spa budget and manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
- Maintains information and communication sources to include log book, and other forms.
- May be scheduled to provide services or fill in as needed.
- Responsible for inventory, purchasing, and cost control for all spa-related items.
- Sets the example and upholds the standards by maintaining a clean, pleasant, and professional image to guests and employees.
- Responsible for generating revenue through creative sales, new membership and other innovative ideas.
- Attend applicable and approved onsite/offsite events and expos to garner exposure to Spa & Salon.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College degree and/or two to three years in spa management experience. Accounting and budgeting knowledge.
- Licensed Massage Therapist Experience preferred
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Creative in marketing, promotion, and programming
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Willingness to work a varied work schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.