This year-round position is salaried, and pays between $47,000 – $57,000 based on experience. Full benefits available after 30 days. Great employee/family perks at the resort!
Summary: Provide leadership, direction and supervision of staff in the daily operations of the Spa, including, but not limited to, retail, membership, salon and massage programs. The Spa Director is responsible for overseeing the coordination of all guest requests. The Spa Director will be directly involved in budgeting, forecasting, revenue generation, payroll and scheduling as well as product inventory and ordering. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Spa. *
- Provide direction and leadership to all the employees of the Spa. *
- Ensure that all Spa employees follow all procedures and guidelines while administering treatments, including NYS Covid-19 mandates. *
- Assist staff in diagnosing treatments for clients offering suggestions for additional treatments. *
- Ensure all business licenses are current and properly displayed in Spa/Salon per state regulations. *
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended. *
- Maintain knowledge of hours of operation, memberships, reservations, fees, treatments, products and merchandise. Maintain current knowledge of all hotel features and services. *
- Ensures the timely scheduling of guest appointments are done with courtesy and respect. *
- Verify medical releases from guests with applicable medical conditions, keeping this information secure and confidential. *
- Handle emergency procedures according to procedures and guidelines. Complies with all hotel policies and procedures. *
- Oversee cleanliness and sanitary standards of all equipment and rooms in the Spa, including NYS Covid-19 mandates for sanitation. *
- Make recommendations regarding spa budget and manages expenses within approved budget constraints. *
- Properly schedule employees in accordance with spa policy and business demands. *
- Manages the human resources function in all areas of the Spa in order to attract, retain, and motivate associates: hire, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance reviews, resolve problems, and provide open communication for all associates. *
- Maintains information and communication sources to include log book, and other forms. *
- May be scheduled to provide services or fill in as needed. *
- Responsible for inventory, purchasing, and cost control for all spa-related items. *
- Sets the example and upholds the standards by maintaining a clean, pleasant, and professional image to guests and employees. *
- Responsible for generating revenue through creative sales, new membership and other innovative ideas. *
- Schedules on-going training for staff through internal and external resources. *
- Attend any meetings and training as directed. *
- Attend applicable and approved onsite/offsite events and expos to garner exposure to Spa & Salon. *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must have basic knowledge of customer service principles.
Must be a licensed service provider. College degree, and/or 2 to 3 years spa management experience. Accounting and budgeting knowledge. Strong communication skills and proven leadership qualities. Salon and Hospitality experience. Certification in Massage Therapy strongly recommended.