Full-Time position with health and dental benefits available. Great company perks!
Position pays $55,000 – $65,000 based on experience
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
Reports To: IT Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Greek Peak had its opening day in 1958 where the governor of New York called the development of Greek Peak “first class” with the prediction that it would make a real contribution in New York. Fast forward 63 years later and Greek Peak has surpassed expectations and is executing on its goal of creating memorable guest and team member experiences.
We’re looking for talented individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking and experimentation. Being part of a driven and enthusiastic team, you will make a direct material impact on the future of Greek Peak.
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Systems Administrator, reporting to the Director of IT in Cortland, NY. This individual will focus on creating and supporting Greek Peak’s systems and networking environments which play an instrumental role in creating memorable guest experiences. Our IT infrastructure environment is the foundation for our activities which range from winter sports, mountain biking, adventure center to our lodge and water park. If you enjoy an environment that varies from virtual servers to campus wide WIFI then this is the opportunity for you!
Systems Administrator Responsibilities Include:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Understand and work with Microsoft Servers, VMware, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL, and Exchange
- An understanding of network administration which includes router and switch configuration
- Support, manage, maintain, expand, update, and install hardware and software systems and solutions
- Partners with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, Wi-Fi controllers, conferencing systems, application servers, and other systems
- Provides technical evaluation and guidance on new systems, designs, and technologies for the organization
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills needed for interactions with external customers as needed
- Positive and proactive approach in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions and managing projects
- Work to reduce repetitive, error-prone, and low value tasks through automation and data analysis
Qualifications, Education, Knowledge and Training:
- Proven experience as a Systems Administrator or similar role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Business problem-solving & collaboration
- Communication and presentation skills
- Overall planning and organizing competency
- A deep attention to detail and dedication to accuracy and precision
- An ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- An ability to work and learn independently and collaboratively on cross functional teams
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those team members encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; blood borne pathogens: toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can vary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by team members to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.