Full Time Year Round – Salary position – #2 in the kitchen $46,000-$50,000 per year
Summary: Assists in overseeing all aspects of food production and presentation for dining and banquet operations. These responsibilities include assisting with the training and supervision of the staff. Sous Chef will work directly with the Resort Chef on overall management and general operations of the food and beverage team.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- This is a hands-on cooking position that helps provide the management and leadership necessary to assist with the general daily operations. *
- Shares responsibility for inventory of product, purchasing, disbursement, and cost control for all food related items. Responsible for communicating items that need to be ordered to maintain daily operations to the F&B Management. *
- Maintains order and cleanliness of kitchen and store room areas according to established procedures. *
- Follows and provides direction and leadership to employees within the kitchen department in accordance to the management standards. *
- May assist in scheduling associates in accordance with forecasted sales volume and occupancy, adjusts staffing as necessary for sudden changes in business levels. All scheduling will be done in accordance with departmental standards. *
- Helps to maintain daily labor goals by maximizing labor resources and minimizing when applicable. *
- Assists with inventory, organization, and accurate reporting. Also, responsible for communicating needs to maintain daily operations. *
- Assists in the implementation of seasonal menus and catering options. Provides feed back as to the organization and functionality of the kitchen before implementing new menus. *Works to ensure the best experience of our guests during events. *
- Assists in managing the personnel function of the kitchen staff in order to attract, train, retain, and motivate employees: takes part in developing employees, resolving problems, and providing open communication for all employees. *
- Responds to all guest requests and concerns and follows up to ensure guest satisfaction, in absence of F&B Management. Provides a summary of the guest experience, concerns and resolution to the Resort Chef as soon as time allows. *
- Provides assistance to other areas of the resort to contribute to its smooth operation. *
- Prepares food by pre-described cooking methods and recipes. Ensures the product that is served to the guests is visually attractive, flavorful and consistent. *
- Follows established safety procedures, use of personal protective equipment and sharps policies. *
- Follow established FIFO practices. *
- Follow and enforce proper food temperature guidelines. Follow and enforce established food sanitary requirements and safety precautions and procedures. *
- Follow and enforce established weight and portion controls. *
- Maintains a clean, pleasant, and professional image to guests and employees. *
- Complies with all resort policies and procedures. *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidate must have previous experience as a Sous Chef in order to be considered for this position.