Job Title: Waterpark Lifeguard Supervisor
Reports To: Waterpark Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Come work where you play throughout the year. Greek Peak Mountain Resort is currently looking for a Waterpark Supervisor for Cascades Indoor Waterpark at Hope Lake Lodge, this position is part-time, year-round position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Must be able to fulfill all functions and duties of a lifeguard.
- Must be able to conduct weekly in-service training sessions as well as any others deemed necessary by the Aquatics Department.
- Must be able to supervise employees by, but not limited to;
- Conducting pre and post shift briefings with lifeguards;
- Assigning rotations to lifeguards.
- Responding to alerts from lifeguards.
- Pass and Conduct VAT and Visual on stand audits
- Ensuring lifeguards follow park policies and procedures;
- Aquatic Supervisor may initiate and follow disciplinary actions up to but NOT including suspension and/or termination.
- Relaying information between management and lifeguards.
- Must be able to provide information to guests regarding facility layout and amenities.
- Waterpark walk through to assure guest satisfaction and reinforce all LG (lifeguard) standards are meet every 15 minutes or if Park attendance over 150, Holiday dates and weekends a Supervisor or Lead Guard will remain in WP from open to close. Provide LG on stand with restroom breaks as needed.
- Year-round Supervisors must work an average of 16 hours per week.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preference is given to guards that have previous lifeguarding experience and licenses.
- Ellis lifeguarding license is necessary prior to performing the job function along with VanGuard certification. Ellis training is provided by the facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to properly and safely operate equipment used.
- Knowledge of the standards of care in aquatic industry.
- Willingness to work a varied work schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public, guests and staff members.
- Must have emotional stability and the ability to make sound decisions that conform to facility policies when dealing in adverse situations.
- Knowledge that their decisions may affect the total facility staff and the lives of others.
- Must be firm, fair, consistent and courteous in order to gain the respect and cooperation of the public.
- Must have a positive attitude in order to fully cooperate with other guards in a team effort, and adhere to rules and regulations to ensure successful operation of a facility.
- Must have the physical and mental conditions necessary to be able to properly and timely activate and complete the EAP system in the case of an emergency.
- Free passes for employees (nominal fee of $15.00 for the RFID card) along with discounted learn to ski lessons.
- Discounted season passes for dependent.
- Additional discounts on lodging, food, gear, and during the summer on mountain biking.
- Excellent training and professional development.
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (All full-time staff-1st of the month after 30 days of employment).
- For all seasonal, full-time and part-time staff GPMR offers tele-health benefits for a nominal fee.
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.