DOWNHILL MOUNTAIN BIKING
Thank you for another great season!! See you in 2024!!
There is no greater thrill than Downhill Mountain Biking at Greek Peak’s Bike Park! With 18 different trails (and counting!), the Bike Park has a full day’s worth of fun for all skill levels. The Visions Quad chairlift will bring you and your bike to the top of the mountain in no time.
Bike Park trails vary in difficulty level, rated Green, Blue, Black & Double Black as ski & ride trails do during the winter season. Green trails are scenic & less steep to cater to folks just starting out in the sport. Blue trails are for more intermediate riders who want to challenge themselves through more technical terrain & take on small features. Black & Double Black trails are for Expert riders looking to take on much more technical riding, large jumps, wooden features, gaps, etc. Not all features on Black and Double Black trails are able to be bypassed.
Trails conditions and open status are subject to change throughout operations without notice
GREEN CIRCLE – EASIER
Gentle riding with obstacles such as gravel, roots, rocks, potholes & bridges. Must have ridden a bicycle before.
BLUE SQUARE – INTERMEDIATE
Challenging riding with steep slopes and/or obstacles possibly on narrow trails with man-made objects & features. These include, but are not limited to: jumps, ramps, roots, rocks & other terrain variations. Must be a competent mountain bike rider.
Freebird – Freestyle terrain
BLACK DIAMOND – DIFFICULT
Difficult riding with a mixture of long steep descents, loose trail surfaces, numerous natural & man-made obstacles & features. These include, but are not limited to: jumps, ramps, elevated features, gaps, drops, rocks & other terrain variations. Must have advanced bike handling skills.
Down N’ Dirty
Flow N’ Steady – Freestyle terrain
DOUBLE BLACK DIAMOND – EXPERT
Highly difficult riding. Some elements that will be encountered include man-made & natural jumps & obstacles, wood ramps, elevated narrow trails, drops, rock faces & other difficult terrain variations. Expert mountain bikers with very advanced bicycle handling skills only.
Back N’ Double Black
Check out what we’ve been up to!
- 2022 Additions & Improvements:
– New trails: Flow N’ Steady & Asclepius
– Re-route: Pipecutter (crosses Trojan and enters Labyrinth glades)
- 2022 Additions & Improvements:
- 2023 Additions & Improvements:
– Re-route: Middle Calypso – added alternate line before crossing Castor
– Re-route: Lower Calypso – new line established
– Added features: Lower Calypso – double jump, platform drop & skinny drop
– Improved: Pipecutter upper berm, step up & jump dialed in
– Improved: Upper Keres more beginner-friendly for our newer riders
– Added: Labryrinth – new line established above Pipecutter
– Coming soon: “Skinny” Skills section to be added near Kidz World
– New trails coming: TBA (stay tuned for further developments!)
- 2023 Additions & Improvements:
- Remember to pre-ride & re-ride before you free-ride all trails!
- MTB Lift tickets now use GoPass RFID Media. They can be easily purchased online and collected at outdoor pickup boxes allowing you to head directly to the lift. GoPasses can be easily reloaded online throughout the season!
- Base Camp has moved! We now use the Guest Services window in the Katalima (main base area) building for Lift Tickets, Season Passes & SkyTour tickets. Mountain Top Bicycles will continue to offer rentals & service in the new MTB Base Camp (known as the ski shop during the winter season). Greek Peak Summer Retail items available in 2023 as well!
A few things to help you adrenaline seekers have an enjoyable visit:
Helmets required, full face helmets highly recommended
Full suspension bikes are highly recommended
E-bikes are permitted in the form of “pedal-assist” only
– Bikes with a throttle are not allowed
Pre-ride & re-ride before you free-ride all trails
Ride within your ability level
Do not take rest breaks in the middle of the trail
Child carriers, trailers, etc. are not permitted
Hiking is not permitted on the mountain
Uphill traffic is not permitted
Outside of operating hours, the mountain is a restricted area
2024 Season Opening Dates TBD
2023 Operating Hours
* Closed for special events including Land Rover, Ditch Banger & Mid-Atlantic Super Series*
Season closing day October 8, 2023
Refer to our resort Hours of Operation page for up to date info during season
Bike Park Season Pass:
Daily Lift Ticket:
1-Day $43.00 online | $45.00 on-site
2-Day $78.00 online | $83.00 on-site
3-Day $100.00 online | $108.00 on-site
- $5 GoPass purchase required for all Lift tickets – keep the card for your next visit, it’s reloadable for the season!
- Final MTB & SkyTour tickets will be sold/issued for the day 1 hour prior to closing time.
Buy your ski area season pass in the spring preceding the mountain bike season, not only to take advantage of the lowest early rates but also to enjoy the Bike Park access benefit during the summer. All Ski Season Pass products expire at the conclusion of the Ski Season. Summer 2024 Bike Park access requires a 2024/2025 Ski area Season Pass, a 2024 Bike Park Season pass or a daily lift ticket.
Bike Park & Ski area season passes can be picked up at the Guest Services window 7 days/week beginning in late May 9:30am-4:30pm. Avoid the lines on opening day and head straight to the lift with your GoPass. Riders may need to complete waivers upon pick-up (riders under 18 require guardian signature).
Sharing a GoPass is considered theft of services. Passes can be revoked without refund for anyone caught in this circumstance. Ticket sales support the operation and allow us to grow our trail system and facilitate improvements. Don’t be “that guy.”
Lessons (2024 availability TBD)
Fridays at 5pm | Saturday 11am | Sunday 11am
$30/person (1hr session)
Not quite ready to go all in? Schedule a lesson with a member of our team! Lessons are conducted daily & cover beginner basics such as body position, speed control, braking technique, etc. to help boost your confidence before tackling the trails. Lessons are approximately 1 hr long. Reservations are required at least 24h in advance to account for instructor assignments. Please arrive early for check in.
Forget your helmet? Bike out of commission? No worries, we’ve got you covered! Equipment is available for rental at the base of the mountain including Full Suspension Downhill Mountain Bikes and Full Face Helmets as well as knee & elbow padding. Rentals are provided by our friends at Mountain Top Bicycles and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please arrive early to secure your ride for the day! MTB Base Camp also offers mechanic service (rates and services vary) to get you back on the mountain & offers a variety of retail items for sale!
*On Fridays, Mountain Top Bicycles will open at 4pm
Downhill Bike Rentals
$120/day + tax
Full Face Helmet
$20/day + tax
Knee Pads/Elbow Pads/Body Armor
SkyTour (Scenic Chairlift Ride)
1 Ride $12 Online | $13 on-site
All Day $20 Online | $22 on-site
Ages 3-6 Free – MUST be able to load the lift & remain seated without assistance
Looking for a casual ride with gorgeous views of the resort and the Virgil Valley? The SkyTour Chairlift ride is just what you need! Simply purchase your tickets at MTB Base Camp and our lift operators will load you onto the ride. At the top of the mountain, you can hop off and take in the scenery before jumping back on board for the ride down. For your safety, hiking is not permitted on the mountain. Children must be able to sit upright without assistance and cannot be held by another rider. The use of baby carriers of any kind is prohibited.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK (2023 forms required)
Recreation Assumption of Risk required for participation. Please complete one form for each person per season. Participants under 18 years old require Parent/Guardian signature. SkyTour & MTB Access are all covered under the same waiver.
If picking up your 2023-24 Ski Area Season Pass to take advantage of the Bike Park access benefit, please also complete the Season Pass Assumption of Risk
All current State & Federal COVID Regulations apply for all visitors.
Cross-Country Mountain Bike Rental Prices
If you are not ready to take on the Bike Park’s downhill trails, Greek Peak’s network of cross-country trails is great for both intermediate and advanced riders looking to get off the beaten path. Ascend through the forest of beautiful Central New York at Hope Lake Park on meandering scenic trails that will get your heart pumping and keep you biking for hours
Cross-Country mountain bikes are available to rent at the Adventure Center 1856 NYS Route 392 from mid-April to mid-October. See Hours of Operation for specific details. These are not available for use at the Downhill Mountain Bike Park. Visit the Adventure Center page for more information
Cross-Country Biking is not available on the mountain at any time
INCLEMENT WEATHER/CANCELLATION POLICY
The Bike Park is an outdoor facility and will operate as usual in rain and shine. However, we may be required to delay or shut down operations due to high winds, thunder, lightning, or other dangerous weather conditions. Guests will be safely returned to the base building to wait for conditions to clear up.
If the area is closed completely for the remainder of the business day or if the delay lasts more than 1 hour, the following can be considered:
- No refunds will be issued
- Rain checks can be issued at the discretion of the Manager on Duty depending on how much of a given activity was completed
- The same policy applies if you are dissatisfied with the conditions of the Bike Park
- In the event you wish to cancel a reservation (aka pre-purchased tickets), a rain check valid for one year will be issued for the equivalent pass(es). Refunds will not be granted.