Downhill Mountain Biking
The Bike Park has closed for the 2022 season. Thank you for enjoying another great year with us & we look forward to seeing you next summer!!
There is no greater thrill than Downhill Mountain Biking at Greek Peak! With 18+ different trails to choose from, Greek Peak has the perfect track for every rider at any skill level. The Visions Quad chairlift will bring you and your bike to the top of the mountain in no time.
Greek Peak downhill trails consist of several lines that help you customize your day. Riders can take a direct route over a large obstacle or jump. Other less experienced riders may choose to opt for a line that completely avoids features. You’ll always find something new and exciting on every descent.
Beginners will enjoy the amazing scenery and comfort of long straightaways. Our green trails are always a favorite for beginner riders, and the blue trails are great for intermediate riders who enjoy the challenge of an exciting ride. Expert bikers will enjoy the impressive sharp curves and large features of our black diamond trails.
All riders are required to wear a helmet in order to participate. Full Face Helmets are highly recommended.
Not quite ready to go all in? Schedule a lesson with a member of our Bike Patrol! Lessons are conducted daily & cover beginner basics such as body position, speed control, braking technique, etc. to help boost your confidence before tackling the trails. Lessons are approximately 1 hour long. Reservations are HIGHLY recommended to monitor maximum capacities. Please arrive early for check in.
Forget your helmet? Bike out of commission? No worries, we’ve got you covered! Equipment is available for rental at the base of the mountain including Full Suspension Downhill Mountain Bikes, Full Face Helmets, as well as knee & elbow padding. Rentals are provided by our friends at Mountain Top Bicycles and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please arrive early to secure your ride for the day! MTB Base Camp also offers mechanic service (rates vary) to get you back on the mountain & offers a variety of retail items for sale!
Greek Peak Bike Park now has 17+ trails available for Downhill Mountain Biking:
- (5) Green beginner trails
- (5) Blue intermediate trails
- (8) Black experts only trails
- New trails added for 2022!
A few things for your safety:
- Helmets required, full face recommended.
- Child carriers, trailers, etc. are not permitted.
- Hiking is not permitted on the mountain.
- Uphill traffic is not permitted.
- Outside of operating hours, the mountain is a restricted area.
Assumption of Risk
Bike Park Assumption of Risk required for participation. Please complete one form for each person per season. Participants under 18 years old require Parent/Guardian signature. SkyTour & MTB Access are all covered under the same waiver.
If picking up your 2022-23 Ski Area Season Pass to use for Bike Park access, please also complete the Season Pass Assumption of Risk
All current State & Federal COVID Regulations apply for all visitors.
Hours of Operation
TBD 2023 Season runs end of May – October 8, 2023
2023 Season Opening Day TBD
2022 operated June 4 – October 9
Check out what we’ve been up to:
- New trails: Flow N’ Steady & Asclepius
- Re-routed existing trails: Pipecutter (crosses Trojan and enters Labyrinth glades)
- Remember to pre-ride & re-ride before you free-ride all trails!
- MTB Lift tickets now use GoPass RFID Media. They can be easily purchased online and collected at outdoor pickup boxes allowing you to head directly to the lift. GoPasses can be easily reloaded online throughout the season!
- Base Camp has moved! We now use the Guest Services window in the Katalima (main base area) building for Lift Tickets, Season Passes & SkyTour tickets. Mountain Top Bicycles will continue to offer rentals & service in the new MTB Base Camp (known as the ski shop during the winter season).
- Buy your ski area season pass in the spring preceding the mountain bike season, not only to take advantage of the lowest early rates but also to enjoy the Bike Park access benefit during the summer. All Ski Season Pass products expire at the conclusion of the Ski Season. Summer 2023 Bike Park access requires a 2023/2024 Ski area Season Pass, a 2023 Bike Park Season pass or a daily lift ticket.
- Bike Park & Ski area season passes can be picked up at the Guest Services window 7 days/week beginning in late May 9:30am-4:30pm. Avoid the lines on opening day and head straight to the lift with your GoPass. Riders may need to complete waivers upon pick-up (riders under 18 require guardian signature).
- Sharing a GoPass is considered theft of services. Passes can be revoked without refund for anyone caught in this circumstance. Ticket sales support the operation and allow us to grow our trail system and facilitate improvements. Don’t be “that guy.”
Pricing (2023 rates TBD)
Bike Park Season Pass:
Daily Lift Ticket:
|Fridays (late May through mid-August)||$25/person/day|
|Saturdays & Sundays (late May through mid-October)
*Closed for special events including Ditch Banger & Land Rover*
*$5 GoPass purchase required for all Lift tickets – keep the card for your next visit, it’s reloadable for the season!
*Final MTB & SkyTour tickets will be sold/issued for the day 1 hour prior to closing time.
If you will be visiting for multiple days, avoid purchasing multiple GoPasses! Buy your first day pass in a stand alone transaction. Subsequent visits can be easily reloaded online to the same card!
Fridays at 5pm | Saturday at 11am | Sunday at 11am
$25/person (1hr session)
SkyTour (Scenic Chairlift Ride)
1 Ride $10/person (6 & under Free with paying adult)
From our friends at Mountain Top Bicycles (MTB) (2023 rates TBD):
Downhill Bike Rentals
$120/day + tax
Full Face Helmet
$20/day + tax
Knee Pads/Elbow Pads/Body Armor
Equipment is available on a first come, first served basis. Arrive early – no equipment reservations available
Race Dates (2023 TBD)
Inclement Weather/Cancellation Policy
The Bike Park is an outdoor facility and will operate as usual in rain and shine. However, we may be required to delay or shut down operations due to high winds, thunder, lightning, or other dangerous weather conditions. Guests will be safely returned to the base building to wait for conditions to clear up.
If the area is closed completely for the remainder of the business day or if the delay lasts more than 1 hour, the following can be considered:
- No refunds will be issued
- Rain checks can be issued at the discretion of the Manager on Duty depending on how much of a given activity was completed
- The same policy applies if you are dissatisfied with the conditions of Bike Park
- In the event you wish to cancel a reservation, a rain check valid for one year will be issued for the equivalent pass(es). Refunds will not be granted.
SkyTour Chairlift Rides at Greek Peak
Now closed for the 2022 season
Looking for a casual ride with gorgeous views of the resort and the Virgil Valley? The SkyTour Chairlift ride is just what you need! Simply purchase your tickets at MTB Base Camp and our lift operators will load you onto the ride. At the top of the mountain, you can hop off and take in the scenery before jumping back on board for the ride down. For your safety, hiking is not permitted on the mountain. Children must be able to sit upright without assistance and cannot be held by another rider. The use of baby carriers of any kind is prohibited.
Cross-Country Biking at Greek Peak
Now closed for the 2022 season
If you are not ready to take on the Downhill MTB Park, that’s okay! Greek Peak’s network of cross-country trails is great for both intermediate and advanced riders looking to get off the beaten path. Ascend through the forest of beautiful Central New York on meandering scenic trails that will get your heart pumping. The fun will keep you biking for hours!
Cross-Country mountain bikes are available to rent from June to mid-October. See Hours of Operation for specific details. Bikes are available for rent at the Adventure Center 1856 NYS Route 392
Trails to explore include:
- Tuller Hill State Forest Seasonal roads
- Town of Virgil Hope Lake Park North End Trails
Cross-Country Biking is not available on the mountain
Cross-Country Mountain Bike Rental Prices
Mountain bikes can be rented from the Adventure Center. These are not available for use at the Downhill Mountain Bike Park
|Bike Style||1 hr||1/2 Day
(up to 4 hrs)
|*Full Day||Helmet included|
|Men/Women Front Suspension||$12||$26||$40||Yes|
|Little Tykes (w/training wheels)||$8||$18||$28||Yes|
* A full day rental is any duration longer than 4 hours, until closing.
- All rental pricing includes helmet and taxes.
- Each participant must complete an Acknowledgement of Risks form and Mountain Biker’s Code of Conduct.
- We do not rent baby seats, trailers, or water bottles with bikes. Drinks are available for purchase at the Adventure Center.