DOWNHILL MOUNTAIN BIKING AT GREEK PEAK BIKE PARK
Greek Peak Bike Park closed for the season Sunday, October 10, 2021. Thank you for another great summer, see you next June!
Pick up/purchase Lift tickets at MTB Base Camp next to Visions Lift
- Last tickets will be sold/issued 1 hour prior to closing time
- Acknowledgement of Risk form required for participation. Participants under 18 require Parent/Guardian signature
Downhill Mountain Biking Pricing
- Daily Lift Ticket
Saturday & Sunday $40/person/day
Wednesday (July 7 – Sept 8) $25/person/day
- MTB Season Pass (new this year!)
$25/person (1hr session)
- SkyTours (Chairlift Ride)
1 Ride $10/person (Ages 3-6 Free – MUST be 38″ tall)
ATTENTION SEASON PASS HOLDERS!
2020-21 Ski area Season Pass holders: Please stop into Base Camp on your first visit of the Season to sign a waiver & get the low down for the season. BRING YOUR PASS!!!
2021 MTB Season Pass purchasers: Pick up your 2021 MTB Season Pass at Guest Services Mon-Fri 9a-430p beginning June 2 or at Base Camp during MTB operating hours. Riders will need to sign a waiver at pass pick up (riders under 18 require guardian signature)
2021-22 Ski area Season Pass holders:Pick up your 2021-22 Ski area Season Pass at Guest Services Mon-Fri 9a-430p beginning June 2 or at Base Camp during MTB operating hours. Riders will need to sign a waiver at pass pick up (riders under 18 require guardian signature). Benefit valid for 2021 Summer MTB season
Toggenburg Season Pass Holders: Please stop into Base Camp for each visit to redeem a lift ticket. Pass holder status will be verified upon arrival. Riders will need to sign a waiver upon the first visit of the season (riders under 18 require guardian signature)
From our friends at Mountain Top Bicycles (MTB):
- Downhill Bike Rentals
- Full Face Helmet
- Knee Pads/Elbow Pads/Body Armor
Equipment is available on a first come, first served basis. Arrive early – no equipment reservations available
What to expect (COVID regulations):
Please read below to best prepare yourself for your visit & help keep all our guests & staff safe & healthy!
- Fully vaccinated guests no longer need to wear a mask throughout a visit to Greek Peak
- Guests who have not been vaccinated are still asked to maintain mask wearing at all times indoors as well as in all queue lines and anytime 6′ of distance cannot be maintained between another guest, party or employee
- Please refrain from visiting if you are ill, have tested positive for COVID-19 or are aware of an exposure in the last 14 days
The Low Down
There is no greater thrill than Downhill Mountain Biking at Greek Peak! With 17 different trails to choose from, Greek Peak has the perfect track for every rider at any skill level. The Visions Quad chairlift will bring you and your bike to the top of the mountain in no time.
Greek Peak downhill trails consist of several lines that help you customize your day. Riders can take a direct route over a large obstacle or jump. Other less experienced riders may choose to opt for a line that completely avoids features. You’ll always find something new and exciting on every descent.
Beginners will enjoy the amazing scenery and comfort of long straightaways. Our green trails are always a favorite for beginner riders, and the blue trails are great for intermediate riders who enjoy the challenge of an exciting ride. Expert bikers will enjoy the impressive sharp curves and large features of our black diamond trails. Greek Peaks trails provide fun for all ages.
All riders are required to wear a helmet in order to participate. Full Face Helmets are highly recommended.
Not quite ready to go all in? Schedule a lesson with a member of our Bike Patrol! Lessons are conducted daily at 11am & cover beginner basics such as body position, speed control, braking technique, etc to help boost your confidence before tackling the trails. Lessons are approximately 1 hr long. Reservations are HIGHLY recommended to monitor maximum capacities. Please arrive early for check in
Forget your helmet? Bike out of commission? No worries, we’ve got you covered! Equipment is available for rental at the base of the mountain including Full Suspension Downhill Mountain Bikes, Full Face Helmets, as well as knee & elbow padding. Rentals are available on a First Come First Served basis so please arrive early to secure your ride for the day! MTB Base Camp also offers mechanic service (rates vary) to get you back on the mountain & offers a variety of retail items for sale!
Greek Peak Bike Park now has 17 trails available for Downhill Mountain Biking:
- (4) Green beginner trail
- (4) Blue intermediate trail
- (7) Black experts only trail
- (1) Cross country trail
INCLEMENT WEATHER/CANCELLATION POLICY
The MTB Park is an outdoor facility and will operate as usual in rain and shine. However, we may be required to delay or shut down operations due to high winds, thunder, lightning, or other dangerous weather conditions. Guests will be safely returned to the base building to wait for conditions to clear up.
If the area is closed completely for the remainder of the business day or if the delay lasts more than 1 hour, the following can be considered:
- No refunds will be issued
- Rain checks can be issued at the discretion of the Manager on Duty depending on how much of a given activity was completed
- The same policy applies if you are dissatisfied with the conditions of MTB Bike Park
- In the event you wish to cancel a reservation, a rain check valid for one year will be issued for the equivalent pass(es). Refunds will not be granted.
SkyTour Chairlift Rides at Greek Peak
Looking for a casual ride with gorgeous views of the resort and the Virgil Valley? The SkyTour Chairlift ride is just what you need! Simply purchase your tickets at MTB Base Camp and our lift operators will load you onto the ride. At the top of the mountain, you can hop off and take in the scenery before jumping back on board for the ride down. For your safety, hiking is not permitted on the mountain.
Cross-Country Biking at Greek Peak
If you are not ready to take on the Downhill MTB Park, that’s okay! Greek Peak’s network of cross-country trails is great for both intermediate and advanced riders looking to get off the beaten path. Ascend through the forest of beautiful Central New York on meandering scenic trails that will get your heart pumping. The fun will keep you biking for hours!
Mountain bikes are available to rent from June to mid-October. See Hours of Operation for specific details. Bikes are available for rent daily in Starlight Arcade (entrance to Cascades Indoor Waterpark) during Waterpark Hours
Trails to explore include:
- Tuller Hill State Forest Seasonal roads
- Town of Virgil Hope Lake Park North End Trails
Cross Country Biking is not available on the mountain
Mountain Bike Rental Prices
Mountain bikes can be rented from the Recreation Department at the Arcade Counter. These are not available for use at the Downhill Mountain Bike Park
|Bike Style||1 hr||1/2 Day
(up to 4 hrs)
|*Full Day||Helmet included|
|Men/Women Front Suspension||$12||$26||$40||Yes|
|Little Tykes (w/training wheels)||$8||$18||$28||Yes|
* A full day rental is any duration longer than 4 hours, until closing.
- All rental pricing includes helmet and taxes.
- Each participant must complete an Acknowledgement of Risks form and Mountain Biker’s Code of Conduct.
- We do not rent baby seats, trailers, or water bottles with bikes. Drinks are available for purchase at the Arcade.