Downhill Mountain Biking at Greek Peak
2021 MTB Opening Weekend: June 5 & 6th
CNY Freeride Team will be hosting the Wednesday Night MTB League in July & August.
Save the Date: 2nd Annual Woodchuck Classic hosted by CNY Freeride Team: Sunday, August 29, 2021.
Last tickets issued 1 hour prior to closing time
Or call 866-376-3907 to reserve lift tickets and lessons
Downhill Mountain Biking Pricing
- Daily Lift Ticket: Saturday & Sunday $40/person/day; Wednesday (when applicable) $20
2021-22 Season Pass holders receive free lift access for the 2021 summer season but must check in at Base Camp for a daily lift ticket
- Lesson: $25
- Downhill Bike Rentals: $100/day
- Helmet: $20/day
- Knee/elbow pads/body armor: rates vary
- SkyTours (Chairlift Ride): 1 Ride $10/person (Ages 3-6 Free – MUST be 38″ tall)
Rental equipment provided by our friends at Mountain Top Bicycles Base Camp
What to expect (COVID regulations):
Please read below to best prepare yourself for your visit & help keep all our guests & staff safe & healthy!
- Masks covering the nose & mouth are required in all common areas including but not limited to: lift/queue lines, while loading/unloading lifts/rides, in all buildings, restrooms & any time you cannot maintain 6′ of distance between you & another individual/party
- Please maintain 6′ distancing between yourself and other guests at all times
- Ticket redemption will remain in the Base Camp building with capacity limits to ensure physical distancing
- Please refrain from visiting if you are feeling ill, have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days or are aware of an exposure to a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Guests may be asked to complete a short health questionnaire including temperature screening upon arrival.
- Accommodations will be made in such circumstances where participation must be denied
The Low Down
There’s nothing better than downhill mountain biking at Greek Peak! With 17 different trails to choose from, Greek Peak has the perfect track for every rider at any skill level. The Visions Quad chairlift will bring you and your bike to the top of the mountain in no time.
Greek Peak downhill trails consist of several lines that help you customize your ride. Riders can take a direct route over a large obstacle or jump. Other less experienced riders may choose to opt for a line that completely avoids difficult obstacles. You’ll always find something new and exciting on every ride.
Beginners will enjoy the amazing scenery and comfort of long straightaways. Our green trails are always a favorite for beginner riders, and the blue trails are great for intermediate riders who enjoy the challenge of an exciting decent. Expert bikers will enjoy the impressive sharp curves and rollers of our black diamond trails. Greek Peaks trails are family-friendly and provide fun for all ages.
All riders are required to wear a helmet in order to participate.
Forget your helmet? Bike out of commission? No worries, we’ve got you covered! Equipment is available for rental at the base of the mountain at the Mountain Top Bicycle Base Camp including Full Suspension Downhill Mountain Bikes, Full Face Helmets, as well as knee & elbow padding. Base Camp offers lessons for all ages and skill levels, plus you’ll find repair shop and a retail items for sale here!
Greek Peak now has 17 trails available for Downhill Mountain Biking:
- (4) Green beginner trail
- (4) Blue intermediate trail
- (7) Black experts only trail
- (1) Cross country trail
- (1) Mini-pump track
Cross-Country Biking at Greek Peak
Not quite ready to take on the Downhill MTB Park??Greek Peak’s network of cross-country trails is great for both intermediate and advanced riders looking to get off the beaten path. Ascend through the forest of beautiful Central New York on meandering scenic trails that will get your heart pumping. The fun will keep you biking for hours!
Mountain bikes are available to rent from June to mid-October. See Hours of Operation for specific details. Bikes are available for rent daily in Starlight Arcade (entrance to Cascades Indoor Waterpark) during Waterpark Hours
Trails to explore include:
- Hope Lake Lodge to Page Green Field
- Tuller Hill State Forest
- Town of Virgil Hope Lake Park North End Trails
- Service/Seasonal Roads
Cross Country Biking is not available on the mountain
Mountain Bike Rental Prices
Mountain bikes can be rented from the Recreation Department at the Arcade Counter. These are not available for use at the Downhill Mountain Bike Park
|Bike Style||1 hr||1/2 Day (up to 4 hrs)||*Full Day||Helmet included|
|Men/Women Front Suspension||$12||$26||$40||Yes|
|Little Tykes (w/training wheels)||$8||$18||$28||Yes|
* A full day rental is any duration longer than 4 hours, until closing.
- All rental pricing includes helmet and taxes.
- Each participant must complete an Acknowledgement of Risks form and Mountain Biker’s Code of Conduct.
- We do not rent baby seats, trailers, or water bottles with bikes. Drinks are available for purchase at the Arcade.