Job Title: Group Sales Manager
Reports To: Director of Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $58,458.40 yearly – plus commission
Greek Peak Mountain Resort – Hope Lake Lodge and Indoor Waterpark is seeking an experienced Hotel Group Sales Manager. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years sales experience and must be able to display an excellent understanding of hotel operations to include rooms and food & beverage. Must be self-motivated and outgoing in order to build new client relationships and convert prospects into sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
GROUP SALES MANAGER
- Prospect daily for new customers utilizing various prospecting methods. Prospecting should happen both in office and externally.
- Set appointments utilizing prospecting as well as fielding calls, cold and warm calling, maintaining on going relations and answering all inquiries.
- Meet and greet potential prospects as they visit the resort to facilitate new relationships. Many will stop by unscheduled requiring the sales manager to be flexible.
- Effectively demonstrate presentation of all amenities to potential customers.
- Overcome customer objections to effectively close the sale converting prospects to customers.
- Turn over any real estate prospects to licensed agent within the organization when applicable.
- Direct external prospects on how to make contact with resort to book events or rooms to ensure proper flow through.
- Review appropriate paperwork including worksheets and contracts for details and accuracy. Being detail oriented and contact tracing in designated system is imperative to the success of this position.
- Follow-up with customers and provide world class, legendary service. Respond to all customer requests and questions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Actively partner with managers on all exceptions and questions. Works closely with F&B and Catering department. May cross train to work as Manager on Duty as needed.
- Works with Sales & Marketing team to create, advertise and execute all resort events.
- Actively sells sponsorships of various levels at the entire resort.
- Participates in sales meetings and other company events as directed by management. Attend and participate in all training sessions.
- Represents the company at trade shows and other outside venues. Performs special projects and assignments as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be performance driven. Strong organizational and people skills a must. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 2 years hotel sales experience.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have a flexible work schedule to include weekends.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math skills.
- Ability to give instructions to guests.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Associates degree from two-year college or university is desired; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Employees who work a minimum of 2 shifts per week are eligible for a season pass at a nominal fee of $15.00 with complimentary rentals.
- Discounted season passes for dependent/buddy.
- Additional discounts on lodging, food, gear, and during the summer on mountain biking.
- Excellent training and professional development.
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (All full-time staff-1st of the month after 30 days of employment).
- For all seasonal, full-time and part-time staff GPMR offers tele-health benefits for a nominal fee.
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply for this position
Please fill out the items below to the best of your ability. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).