Job Title: Massage Therapist
Reports To: Spa Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Experience + Sign On Bonus
Are you passionate about using the healing power of touch to help others feel their best? As a compassionate and experienced massage therapist, you deserve to work for a company that will give you the support and freedom to deliver your best work. Our positive and rewarding environment celebrates your achievements and revolves around your needs as a self-motivated professional. Enjoy access to our consistent and loyal clientele, well-supplied environment and flexible scheduling that make it possible to make a good living doing what you love. If you would love to work for a company that recognizes your value and provides you with opportunities for upward growth, apply to join Waterfalls Spa.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Massage soft body tissues to relieve discomfort and provide treatment for injuries, wellness maintenance or medical conditions.
- Apply pressure to specific parts of the body with the hands and fingers to release muscle tension and bring relief from related symptoms.
- Discuss client concerns, medical histories and specific stresses or pains to develop the most effective approach to massage treatment.
- Develop personalized treatment plans for individual clients that specify massage types, treatment areas and treatment frequency.
- Propose final treatment plans to clients and implement them only after client acceptance and agreement.
- Refer clients to other professionals and therapists when appropriate and necessary to treat.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hold a current New York state massage therapy license.
- Adhere to all current regulations and laws related to massage therapy.
- Ability to handle sensitive client information with confidentiality
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Willingness to work a varied work schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Free passes for employees (nominal fee of $15.00 for the RFID card) along with discounted learn to ski lessons.
- Discounted season passes for dependent.
- Additional discounts on lodging, food, gear, and during the summer on mountain biking.
- Excellent training and professional development.
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (All full-time staff-1st of the month after 30 days of employment).
- For all seasonal, full-time and part-time staff GPMR offers tele-health benefits for a nominal fee.
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Employment Status: Full TimePart Time
Location: Hope Lake LodgeWaterfalls Spa
Apply for this position
Please fill out the items below to the best of your ability. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).